Monday, May 10, 2010

Wedding Bells

My cousin is getting married next year, this is the first marriage in the family since mine in 2002. I am so happy for them, they are a great couple and really enjoy seeing them at (rare) family gatherings. My only advice would be to get pre-marriage counseling. Of course, when you walk down the aisle, the furthest thing from your mind is breaking up. No one goes into a marriage thinking about how it's going to end. Marriage is supposed to be "til death do us part". I found some good marriage/family quotes that I thought hit the nail on the head:

*To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.
Mark Twain

*What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how
compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility.
Leo Tolstoy

*The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
Theodore Hesburgh

*One advantage of marriage, it seems to me, is that when you fall
out of love with each other, it keeps you together until you fall in love again.
Judith Viorst

I am certainly no one to give advice on marriage, but love is a strange thing. If you're lucky enough to find "the one", then count your lucky stars. It's never too late to right wrongs, to look into the eyes of your loved one and tell them you love them, to hold hands and go through the journey of life together, forever. So, I truly wish them the best and all the happiness in the world! It's been so long since I've been to a wedding, I can't wait!

No comments: