Sunday, May 23, 2010

PostSecret & Shrek

Here are two of my favorite Postsecret post cards this week:



This one really 'spoke' to me, it's so simple, but means so much. It's hard to live a lie, it eventually catches up to you. You simply either keep running from it or face it. There's a good lesson written in that. I liked the next one, too:



I interpret this secret to be a person who left a life to search for their 'dream' and it appears that they are faceless, nameless and still lost even though they thought the dream they were running towards turned out to be nothing and not fulfilling.

OMGosh, we went to see Shrek 4 the other day and it was sooooo funny!



Shrek gets bored and frustrated with all the pressures of everyday life and decides he wants out. So, he leaves. Then he makes a deal with Rumpelstiltskin (which, BTW was hilarious!) and he gets this new life of fun, happiness and no responsibilities. But it's at the cost of his family. So he then realizes that the most important thing in life is family and he does everything he can to get them back. Then in the end he is finally back with his ogre-wife, Fiona and his little ogres! Puss n' Boots (Mason dubbed him Super Cat years ago, not sure why, but I still call him Super Cat!) was SO funny, he gained quite a bit of weight because he's now a pampered cat that get brushed twice a day! I highly recommend it, it's so hard to find a movie that we can both laugh so hard at, so it was well worth the movie ticket price! Oh, and don't get me started on 'Gingy' the gingerbread man!! Great movie!

On the menu today:



Ever since the "Great Pumpkin Loss" of 2009, I had such a hard time finding canned pumpkin. Never fear, I put the word out and within a month I got 4 large cans of pumpkin! Thanks to my aunts, this pumpkin traveled across state lines and right into my cabinets! So, now that I have an abundance of it, I thought why not some delicious, creamy homemade pumpkin pie for today, I can't wait to eat it!

No comments: