Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cleaning out

I have images of myself becoming the next star of "Hoarders", so this "junk day", the day where the garbage men will pick up pretty much anything but a dead body, I will be cleaning out! I guess I get emotionally attached to 'stuff' sometimes, which is not healthy. As I was cleaning out my bedroom this morning, I found these cards:



Inside:





Inside:




I suppose I will be finding things like these for the next few years. After all, if you share a home with someone for a decade, you're bound to find misplaced items that remind you of something the other person said or did. The first card has a funny memory attached to it, he spelled his name wrong and I thought that was funny. Things like this are all over, as I was cleaning up the computer, I found emails and notes written. Wow, if there was so much unhappiness I never knew about it, you wouldn't think things like this would exist from someone about to walk out on his family and who was so truly unhappy in his marriage. Apparently there are better things than working on a marriage and enjoying a family. I thought we had a love like no other, that we were going to be the one's who made it in this crazy world. But who knows, there are too many questions and not enough answers. I'm not sure what to do with these items, part of me wants to cherish what I had, but part of me wants to forget, mainly because all of the pain it brings to read these. I guess I wouldn't be human if I didn't feel love, hurt, pain, anger, loss, joy and fear. So, for now these cards will just sit here and I will let time decide what to do for me.

No comments: