Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Vacation That Wasn't Meant To Be, I Guess...

Oh, what could have been this weekend. We had made vacation plans to leave Sunday morning to drive to Mason, Ohio and stay at The Great Wolf Lodge. They have a new vortex water slide that Mason could not wait to go on (me, too!!), we searched video after video on Youtube for videos of rides like it and it looked like SO much fun. There is also an amazing grocery store called Jungle Jims that looked SO cool. Mason was really bummed when I told him this vacation was no longer, but I promised him I would make it up to him (although, I don't know how I'm going to top how fun this vacation was going to be). Our vacation last year was so-so, I try to top it every year, had I known it was going to be our last family vacation, I might have planned it somewhere besides Baltimore. But, at least I have a great memory there of spending $40 on cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory!! Delicious.

Speaking of vacation, my cousin had a senior trip to Disney World and he posted pictures on Facebook. How fun it must have been! Disney has always been on the table for a family vacation, it just always seemed to be placed very far back due to the time/travel/cost issues. I would LOVE to take Mason there at some point. It is, I imagine, fun for all ages. I've never been there, so it will be an experience for me, too. Maybe 2012? You know, before the world ends, I'd like to make it to Disney! I definitely want to be able to stay there for a week, though. I don't want to be rushed. And, do we fly?? It might take me until 2012 to work up the courage, although I would prefer to drive, it just would frustrate me spending that much time in a car when you could be spending it at the park. I don't know, I've got lots of time to decide! It's something to look forward to, though.

No comments: