Monday, May 31, 2010

{Happy Memorial Day}


Just got back from the annual Memorial Day Parade! We could not have asked for better weather this weekend. With all the outside stuff we did this weekend, I was glad that it wasn't too humid! It's funny how a great, funny memory can instantly make you hurt, when your life is in a tailspin. As I was watching all the cars go through the parade, it reminded of a time, quite a few years ago that I was going into the post office in the town we used to live in, and suddenly we became part of the parade!! We had to get out of downtown, so we just kept driving and went along with it and waved to all the spectators, so funny! But it has a much different meaning to me now, unfortunately. Well, here's Mason walking in the parade (he's hiding behind the boy smiling!):



As I was cleaning and putting stuff away in an attempt to de-clutter, it seems that things that have been in a certain place for so long kind of 'become' that object. I was cleaning off the fridge and, even though I see this everyday, I took it down and shed a tear, Mason made this card for us when he was 5, 4 years ago:

Front:


Inside:


Back:


It breaks my heart, this is how he saw his family because we were that family. I loved it so much that I've kept it on my fridge for so many years. I will treasure this card forever. He's such a good kid who is going through so much right now, he should have his mind on summer, baseball, and swimming at the pool with his friends, not all this stuff in his life right now. I'll just tuck this card away in my 'memory' box and I'll take it out someday when he is older and we can talk about it. Isn't it strange how something so little can mean so much?

Happy Memorial Day. Remember those who served, are serving and those who gave all. God Bless each and every one of them.

No comments: