Friday, May 28, 2010

Fun, Looooong Weekend!

Tonight Mason was supposed to have a game, but we had a huge downpour and the game got cancelled, it was a make-up game due to rain, so now we'll have a make-up, make-up game! So instead, we went to the library and then got some ice cream and came home and watched a Scooby-Doo movie while eating pita chips and hummus! Sounds like a great night to me!! We have a ton of stuff planned this weekend, however I can't wait to relax! It's been awhile since I've had a 3 day weekend and it also happens to be my birthday this Sunday! Yes, another year older. This is the first birthday I will be spending 'alone' since my 19th birthday, 12 years ago. But I'm not really alone, though I will get to spend the day with Mason and his present to me is a morning at the flea market (and no grouchy attitude)!! I'm hoping that because it's a holiday weekend that the vendors will be out in full force. This flea market has gone very down-hill in past years, but I'm really hoping for the best, I have fond memories of this place, so I hope it doesn't let me down on my birthday!

Junk Day was a success! As I was going through the basement to find stuff to get rid of, I came across a CD cover from the CD "NOW". These CD's are filled with the latest 'pop' music. I had the original one, 'Now 1'. As I was walking through walmart the other day I saw, 'Now 33'! OH MY, do I feel old, lol!! The original was bought waaaaay back in 1999, so needless to say, as I flipped over the CD in the store, I hardly knew any of the 'artists' and didn't know any of the songs. Not real sure why I had the original anyway, pop music was never my thing.



Well, I succumbed to the pressure! Mason and I were coming back from his game last night and as we were turning towards our house, someone had put out a wicker, folding bookcase with 3 shelves! It was too good to pass up, we got a few laughs as we were trying to shove it in the car, but I really think Junk Day is just another word for 'free entertainment'! It's really nice, though, it is!!

So, the final episode of 24 aired on Monday. Mason had a game, so I DVR'd it and was just hoping that I could watch it before I heard what had happened. I didn't get to watch it until Wednesday night, but it was well worth the wait. I thought for sure they were going to kill Jack, I mean that would have been the perfect ending. All that he has been through and then he dies, but they didn't and the ending seemed to me to be open, as if it's not really over. It was a good ending, but I really think it could have been better. But in honor of Jack Bauer's last hours, some AWESOME t-shirts:





And my personal favorite:




I'm going to miss that show!

So, some genius decides to make .01 rubber bands into animal, food, and sports shapes, sell them for $2 a container, then market them to 3rd graders and retires as a billionaire:


(Mason took this pic because he was so thrilled to show these off!!)
I have never seen anything like this before! These things are like 'the coolest things ever', so I'm told. I went to the store that sells them to pick Mason up a pack, and there was a swarm of people digging through this enormous bucket filled with shaped rubber bands! As I made my way through the crowd to get a chance to pick through them, I hear a lady scream, "THERE THEY ARE", pointing to the bucket!! So funny! So, I got Mason a couple of packs and it made his day!

I was taking some pictures of a swampy area on my way to work and then played with editing using some color:






I love how they turned out!

Mason has a party to go to this weekend for one of his friends, so I made a card:



Now, first of all, there is a story behind the "Brojangles", that was really funny, so I thought that I would incorporate that into his card. Second of all, it's really hard to make a card for boys (or men, even). I guess I never feel I'm going to get it 'manly' enough! But this was a simple card with boy colors. Hope he likes it!!

Well, that's all for now, I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the night, maybe put in one of my horror movies and relax! Keeping my fingers crossed that the flea market rocks on Sunday!!

No comments: