Friday, November 07, 2008

*Today's Events*

Today I spent the day at the Dogs Deserve Better headquarters and I helped out with the ebay auction. In the process I got to answer a phone call from a very irate woman who, well, let's just put it this way: She was pretty upset that she received a brochure from DDB (an educational brochure, might I add). Well, let's just say that if she were to be put on TV, this is what you would hear:___________%$##*,____________&*$#,________________*&@#______________________. Yep, you would not have been able to hear one word because the entire conversation would have been bleeped out! Then she hung up on me, I didn't even get to say a word! I hope she feels better and I hope someone steals her dogs, because she seemed so proud to have, not one, but two chained dogs!! Aside from that uplifting phone call, I sorted through all the donated ebay items in preparation for the November 20th auction start. We usually bring in about $2000 plus dollars for the dogs. Every year I make something, the item that I made last year went for $167.50. So hopefully, even though the economy is bad right now, DDB can get lots of money to help pay the ever increasing vet bills. Here is the item that I made for the auction:


Here's the back with all the months:


I had made a cookie sheet calendar awhile ago as a project for the scrapbook store that I go to and it was such a hit with the customers that Sandy (the store owner) made it into a class project! I was thrilled. So, since it was a hit there, I am hoping it will be on ebay, too. Here is the one I had made before:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, obviously DDB struck a nerve with that lady on the phone. Why bother to call and swear at the organization if you don't have some guilt going on?
The calendars are wonderful. Very creative. They should bring in $$$$.

madcapfrenzy said...

That is very awesome! Now I have to consider making me one. :)