Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Little Bit Of This And A Little Bit Of That

Uggg, all this snow is making me think it is going to be a L.O.N.G winter! I guess living in this part of Pennsylvania we have to expect it, but I'm never ready for it. I am sure in a few weeks I will embrace it (well, I might not go that far) but I will accept it and maybe have a little fun in it. I have been throwing around different ideas in my head about a Christmas tree. We always get a real tree (I cringe at the thought of a fake one), I love the smell of a real one. It is difficult to make it through a season without losing a few ornaments (refer to the last post regarding 8 cats), I have very nice ornaments and then some that are just 'filler' types (they never seem to break!). I have decided this year to get a real tree, but keep all my ornaments tucked away in the attic for another year. I want to have an 'organic' theme. As I am typing this I am drying some 'less than fresh' key limes from my fridge (that Mason promptly took a whole one and ate it, the kid will eat anything!) along with some lemons. I want to get some sticks, whole walnuts, cinnamon sticks, etc. and see what I can come up with. We will put them together with some hot glue and maybe a few googly eyes! We'll see how it goes, at least if anything falls off the tree the cats (and dogs) won't even bother with it.

On another note, I'm not sure if I posted this picture back in October or not, but it's worth seeing again! I wanted the big zombie that I bought on clearance last year to go in the front tree for Halloween. Since we do not own a latter, Jason climbed up the tree to secure the zombie (and in the process I got some really funny pictures) so that strong winds would still ensure that he could make trip up the tree next year. Well, then it snowed. Since Jason needs both of his legs to work, we decided that the zombie will stay in place for a little longer. Then Jason got to thinking....he is no longer the 'Zombie of Halloween', he is the 'Ghost of Christmas Future'! See, now we get two holidays out of him instead of one! Yeah, as soon as the snow clears, he's coming down, though!


I can now officially say that I have 'burned' dinner. I certainly would not call myself a novice at cooking but I am no Rachel Ray (maybe that's not a compliment) or Emeril (*BAM*), for that matter. As I was cooking taco meat (soy meat, of course) I started to smell something burning. I went over to the toaster oven that was warming the taco shells and sure enough they were on fire. I was in a slight panic as I did not want to spray water onto an electrical appliance, but I also didn't want the house to burn down. Jason calmly unplugged and pulled out the flaming taco shells and put them in the sink, where I poured water on them!! So, we ended up having taco salad for dinner, but I actually thought it was better than the original plan!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I will be in search of a Tofurkey, I highly doubt I will find one around here!!

No comments: