Wednesday, November 05, 2008

{Break It Down} Foodie Time

I am currently brewing this:

It smells FANTASTIC! I love to find new teas. I do brew it in my coffee maker, perhaps not as classy as how my Aunt Gwen brews tea, but it gets the job done! I am also getting ready to roast some veggies for lunch. On my shopping trip to Giant Eagle this morning I saw this:

I am not quite sure what it is, I am thinking it may be a turnup, but not 100% sure. It smells like a carrot, so it can't be bad, right? Nonetheless, it looked interesting. Since I was already planning to roast some asparagus for lunch, I thought I would give it a shot. I could eat roasted asparagus everyday for the rest of my life! I don't care for it many other ways, but the roasting just gives it SO much flavor. Mason likes it, too, however, Jason is not too into the mean-green veggie. Just more for me!


And now roasted:

just a little pepper, sea salt and pam @ 450 degrees for 15 minutes=deliciousness!

I also found at the store this morning Orville Redenbacher's salt & lime flavored popcorn! Oh. My. Goodness. Is that ever a combo made in heaven! I stopped eating popcorn for awhile because the fake butter chemical stuff that they put on there always made me sick. Then I got an air-popper (which gave me memories of elementary school)and it made really good popcorn, but it was a lot of work! So good old Mr. Redenbacher has come out with a line of popcorn that is all natural, just kernels, oil and salt. So, I am now back on the popcorn wagon, so to speak!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a parsnip! Excellent root vegetable for roasting.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Gwen beat me to it! Parsnips are excellent, roasted or boiled and mashed with butter, salt and pepper.
Blast from the past--- Mom-Mom always made these when we were growing up.
I think they are related to the turnip family.
I have been roasting eggplant, red peppers and zucchini alot this year, very tasty.