Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day

I saw this today on my way through Altoona early this afternoon:


It got me thinking about how thankful we should be. Even though we might not have everything we want in life, we have the one thing that matters most, the thing that many, many men and women fought for and died for. That is freedom. I don't know for sure if the man driving this vehicle was a vet or not, I am assuming that he is, but my heart went out to him. Maybe the war permanently damaged his body, mind and spirit. Maybe he has turned to alcohol to forget about what he saw, or maybe he just wants to live like this. I don't know. I know that war is not a good thing, but I know without it we would not be able to have the freedom that we have. The freedom that we sometimes take for granted. To all who have served this wonderful country of ours, thank you. Some gave all. Happy Veteran's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We certainly do owe our veterans thanks, and as you point out here, our compassion as well.