Saturday, November 08, 2008

Countdown To Vegas, Baby!

I've always wanted to go to Las Vegas, but I didn't think that dream would come true in the near future. That is up until last week. Jason and his softball team want to go out to Vegas for a softball tournament. Now, normally I would not be interested in a softball tournament, but this is VEGAS! This dream of mine is not going to take place until March of 2010, but it is something to look forward to. A lot of things can happen in that amount of time, so I just hope everything goes as planned.

We have gone back and forth about the travel to the Sin City, I am willing to get on a plane (it would be my first time), however, think of all the beautiful parts of the USA we would miss out on seeing! The plane ride to Vegas would be around 7 hours, and the car ride to Vegas would be 33 hours. I thought of a third option, the train (which Mason was all for!), but that took 4 days!! No thank you! So, I think we are going to rent a car and enjoy the drive, I mean, how often am I going to go that far west?

On another note, when we informed Mason that we are planning a trip to Las Vegas, he was only concerned about on thing. He wanted to know if we could hit up the local Toys R Us! I searched online and sure enough, there are 5 T.R.U's in Las Vegas! That made him happy! We plan on seeing two Cirque Du Soleil shows while we are there. The first one is 'O', the show is done in water, it is going to be amazing (like any Cirque Du Soleil show is). I can't wait to see this one!



The next show that we want to see is called KA, I watched a short clip of it and it looks SO exciting! There are other Cirque shows playing in Vegas like, LOVE, which is all Beatles songs, which I think would be amazing as well, but you only have so much time, you know?!



Well, even though it's over a year away, I still can't wait to see what Vegas holds!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will enjoy the trip, driving or flying. It is the experience of travel that you will like, including your adventure in Vegas!
We are happy to hear that you will be going.
I never thought I would enjoy all the travelling I did last year.
Looking back I see what an opportunity it is to see this beautiful country we live in.
I wonder if the tru's in Vegas are the same as on the East coast??? Mason will have to let us know!