Friday, November 21, 2008

Positive Thoughts



I just checked the 10 day forecast and it seems that it is going to be cold for Mason's birthday party, however, there are no more snow storms in the near future. I am not one to hold the weather man to his word, but lets hope that he is right this time! I'll update closer to next weekend.

This morning I was going to take Mason to school and then do my weekly shopping at Walmart right after. It was close to the time that Mason gets picked up by the bus and Jason called me to tell me that the roads were horrible. I hate to drive in snow, so I got Mason packed up really fast to see if we could still catch the bus. Since there are hills on all sides of our house, I had a feeling that the bus was going to have trouble getting up the street. As the kids got on the bus at our bus stop, Terry, the bus driver, started to pull away. No sooner did he step on the gas did he hit the stop sign that was about 2 feet away from me! Then he attempted to get up the hill, he did successfully, sideways and with the assistance of the borough salt truck! I really think that we should have had a 2 hour delay, or the hard-at-work borough workers could have come to work before 8 am!! A friend of Mason's didn't arrive at school until really late, turns out his bus got stuck in a ditch and they had to send another bus for all the kids. I have to admit, my stomach had butterflies when I saw Mason's bus slide sideways and down the hill. I remember when I was a kid and had to ride the bus we always got stuck!! The bus driver used to have all of us jump up and down in the back of the bus to get some movement! I remember it being fun, but this morning I had a different perspective of it--it wasn't that much fun knowing Mason was on that bus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my...hope all the kids are ok!
there were years when i thought i never saw worse safety habits than the school bus drivers around here.
scary!