Saturday, November 15, 2008

*It's The Final Countdown*

On a totally unrelated note about this post, Central Cambria won against Tyrone last night 27-20!! Yeah, another week. However, we did not go to the game as planned we went to Toys R Us in search of Christmas ideas. This is how we can tell if Mason likes something: "Oh, yeah, that's nice" means he doesn't like it. "Ohhhh, this is cool" means he likes it, but it would probably sit in his toy bin after one time of use. However, "MOM, Hey MOM, come look at this" means he wants that toy and we should make a mental note! Jason, however, could get GI Joe 'dolls' and be happy for the rest of his life!! He was very disappointed when he showed Mason the GI Joe pack and Mason put his thumb down (indicating that he would never even open the toy) and I saw a little piece of Jason get crushed last night because of it! Oh well.

Now back to my original thoughts. It's the final countdown to Mason's birthday party!! I have so much to do, so little time! I handmade an invitation to my liking (after about 4 attempts, I got it to where I wanted it), so I wasn't going to make 30 of them by hand (I'm not crazy!!) so I went to Copy Rite in Hollidaysburg and they made really nice copies. So I cut out 30 invites and glued them on cardstock, bagged them in ziplock bags and put a little sand on the bottom with a few seashells. Then to finish it off, I put a mini beach ball inside that the kids can bring with them to the party! I think they turned out pretty nice and the beach balls were a hit in Mason's class! I still have a lot to do, but at least the invitations are out. Now I still have to: Make cupcakes, bake cookies and decorate, make Mason's cake (it's going to be awesome!), place the order for pizza, decorate, and then relax? I don't know if I will get to that last one, though! Party planning is so fun for me. Here is a peek at the invitations:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait.
Formerly "anonymous"

Anonymous said...

These invitations are fabulous!!!
So imaginative and well-designed. It will be a memorable birthday celebration.