Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sunday Squash

On Sunday I was really craving some spaghetti squash. I had to pick up a few things at the store, so I picked up a few more veggies to go with it. As I looked for the spaghetti squash, I found an entire produce end-cap full of them, I was thrilled because usually there are only a few squash to pick through. I carefully examined a few to see which one I wanted to take home and ultimately devour. I found the perfect one, but it didn't have a sticker with the produce code on it (have you ever been at the checkout without a produce code? Then you know WHY I wanted one with a code). So, I found one that looked better anyway AND it had a code. Except the code said, "Golden Honeydew." Ahhhh, I had just wasted all that time on something that I, apparently didn't even know what it was! It looked just like a spaghetti squash. Believe me, I have had my fair share of squash and honeydew to know the difference, but they oddly looked so similar. But...I digress, I went to search for the squash. I looked and looked and then I looked some more, but couldn't find them. I saw a worker and was about to ask but then I remembered when I asked a question to a produce worker before, asking for a rutabaga, they brought me a bag of radishes, sooo....Then out of the corner of my eye, I spot ONE very lonely spaghetti squash all ready to go home with me. When I got home I put the squash in the microwave and sliced some zucchini and yellow squash. I grilled it on my cast iron grill pan:





Yum, it was really starting to smell good in here! I had some cherry tomatoes and mushrooms that I wanted to use up, so I roasted them:



There is just something about roasted tomatoes. The smell. The sweetness. So good! When everything was done, it came together nicely:



I drizzled some olive oil on top and enjoyed! It was a great meal!

No comments: