Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Guess Who's Back??



Nope, not Jack....ME!!!

So, the last post from me was somewhere around December 2010. 2010? Did 2011 not exist? I was up in the air on whether to update my audience (...crickets) on my entire 2011 or to simply start where I am today in my life. I have decided to not talk much about the events from last year, but a brief summary will do. January's events with my car or February's events with car rentals can totally be erased. March rolled around and the entire month was a lion, no lambs to speak of. April is a blur. May 2011 is when things just started to look up. Mason had the best baseball season, ever! There were times I only got through life by anticipating the next baseball game. June was filled with games, in July the divorce was final. In August we moved (just next door!), in September I lost my job. By October I was on a roll with motivation. Enrolling in an AP Chemistry class was just the start of it. In November my baby boy turned 11! He had some friends come over to play video games and to eat! December wrapped up a long year of change, I received an "A" in my Chemistry class, enrolled in classes and have a PLAN. Did you hear that? A PLAN!! I have never had a plan in my life before this. I would not have been able to get through any of it without the love and support of my family.

December 2011 marked another major event in Mason's life. He finally got to watch THE (and I mean THE) best 80's movie EVER made (it could possibly be THE BEST movie ever made, I'll let that up to you):




It brought a tear to my eye to watch my son enjoy this movie as much as I do (not really, but I wanted some added drama).

So, in between good days and bad days, crying, laughing and getting my life in order, 2012 was here in the blink of an eye.

So, here is the real reason that I decided to get back into blogging: English class. BUT, I actually did miss it. During English class today we were talking about journaling and blogs. We have to choose one or the other for a graded project. I journal all the time, I love to write. However, I am choosing to do the blog (an extra 10 points doesn't hurt either!). Even though I am a bit rusty here at this ole' blog, I decided to try to remove it from life support and see what happens. I hope I can bring it back to life, I know I love to bring a little bit of my life to my family many miles away. I think that they like it, too!

So, here I am. I'm back. Here's a picture of Mason on Christmas morning:



He needs to stop growing. Now. That's all for now, I hope you enjoyed! I feel like watching the Shining...

No comments: