Sunday, February 19, 2012

Reading List

My reading list lately consists of funny, inspirational and common sense books. I found this book at Goodwill:



It is never too early to start figuring out what Mason needs to know before he moves away from home. As much as I love Mason and would do anything for him, not teaching him life lessons and how to handle them would be a disservice to him. We all know being a 32 year old man living at Mom's is not the life I want for my child. I am only about a quarter of the way through but some "tips" that I like are:

#39 They should know overcoming difficult times is how people gain self-respect.

#30 They should know they've worked all their lives to get exactly where they are now. Even if they're just sleeping on the couch.

# 94 They should know that boasting makes people wonder what's really wrong with them.

It is a good book so far, of course Mason will need to know a lot more that 1001 things for life, but it's a good start!

Next up:



This one took me all of 20 minutes to read, but it was funny! Sometimes I wonder how people make it through life (maybe their Mom didn't read 1001 Things Every Teen Should Know...). It is a book full of actual test questions that students decided to answer with humor! Here is a page:



Finally:



I haven't really gotten into this book yet, but the title says it all. I have been (very slowly) learning that I don't need to sweat the small stuff because I am not totally in control of my life. I understand that situations are put into our lives to make us stronger and to teach us life lessons. I think I will enjoy this book.

I finally got to look though Mason's Valentine's from his class party and I found this written on the back of a "Hello Kitty" valentine:



Mason and his friend, Tanner are the two in class that make everyone laugh!

I am off to enjoy the rest of my long weekend, the weather is beautiful (I actually wore flip flops yesterday!!). I would like to get outside, but what to do??

No comments: