Friday, February 24, 2012

Finally Friday

Even though it was a short week for Mason and I, I am still glad it is FRIDAY!

Here is my latest culinary project:




I am making my own vanilla extract. I have done a lot of reading on how to do this and once I finally broke down and paid the outrageous price for Madagascar Vanilla Beans, here we are. This is not a good project for a patient person (why am *I* doing it then?). At the very least, this will be ready to use in August:



I have read some articles from people that make their own that say they don't open this for FIVE years! C'mon, who can wait that long! Apparently it gets better with age (don't we all). I am anxious to try this. It is simple enough. Vodka, vanilla beans and time. Even though it called for regular vodka, I already had vanilla flavored on hand, so I just used that. I hope it won't make a difference. If all goes well, I may keep this up (and maybe even have a batch sit around for 5 years). I am tired of the cheap, imitation vanilla. It's time to get REAL!

Speaking of REAL, this is REALLY cool (like that segue?)
(hahaha!) SEGWAY!


Anyway, I am getting a little goofy now. I think this is a really cool cake (let me finish) for a creepy horror wedding (I am sure they exist!):



It is a Freddy Krueger cake! Oh, does it get any better than Freddy Krueger??

No comments: