Thursday, February 02, 2012

Caffeine. My Friend. My Foe.

Yesterday before school I stopped to fill up my car with gas and of course, grab a coffee. As I eavesdropped on the conversation between the cashier and the apparent long-time "regular" of the store (even though this particular store has only been open for a few months) I noticed something that I never see at Sheetz. Along side the regular coffee flavors, a light shined down, a warm breeze washed by and guided me to a particular brew. Although the label clearly stated, "High Caffeine", I read much more into it. I seemed to think that magic cup of joe would not only sail me right though my morning classes but it would clean my house and do the dishes that seem to taunt me on a daily basis. I pictured a beautifully clean house (you know, the kind of clean when company comes over), a cleaned out pantry and smells of a freshly scrubbed floor. I must have been dreaming. I have to give the coffee credit, it kept me up until 3am at which point I was cursing it. Next time I decide to grab a cup of high-octane I am going to make sure the label clearly states, "Motivation Included."





I won tickets!!! The local radio station was giving away quite a few tickets to tonight's Harlem Globetrotter's show and I scored some! I am so excited! Mason and I haven't been able to go out and do too much except rent a movie for awhile, so this is going to be a fun night. It has been kept secret, with a few clues. At this point he thinks he is seeing Scooby Doo on ice (WHY would I take him to see Scooby Doo on ice??). There is a subtle disappointment in his eyes every time he thinks he's going to see Scooby Doo on ice! Mom torture, it's priceless.



We have court side seats (ohh la la). Apparently there is going to be a basketball player there that is 7'9", WOWZA. I wonder if I can take my camera there?

That's all for now!

No comments: