Saturday, March 03, 2012

File This: Saturday

Hello on this beautiful and very windy Saturday afternoon! It is very quiet right now, but that wasn't the case about 12 hours ago! Mason had a couple of friends over and one spent the night. One would think it would only be 11 year old little girls who giggle and carry on, but not so! We had some things to do today, so I woke them up to Cinnamon Roll pancakes! I saw this recipe posted the other day online and thought it sounded delish! The smell alone was enough to make you want to eat the entire recipe! I am not too big on pancakes, so I didn't plan to eat any, just make them for Mason and his friend. I try to avoid eating white flour whenever possible because we all know that white flour is the devil



and very unhealthy. However, I could NOT resist one (or two) of these pancakes! I ended up burning myself but it was all worth it when I heard, "Thanks, these were really good, I should stay here more often" from Mason's friend!! Just take a look:



I didn't get a chance to get an "after" photo because they were all gobbled up! This will definitely be a keeper!

Since Mason had friends over, he requests "party food". Pizza, chips, etc. I usually don't keep potato chips in the house because, well, I love potato chips! As Mason was snoozing on the couch this afternoon due to lack of sleep, I decided to grab a few handfuls of chips and check Facebook. This is what I found:

And this one I like to file under the, "Awww" category:



A potato chip heart!
Now this one, I like to file under the, "I swear I didn't alter this potato chip" category:



HOW COOL IS THIS!! A perfect "M":



Since I am apparently "filing" everything today, this goes under the, "REALLY??, REALLLLLY??" file:



It is a state-of-the-art ice cube maker. Info, in case you are interested. Apparently ice is a problem when drinking fine alcohol. Priced at $800, yep....$800. I have a better solution. If your party guests complain that their Scotch is a bit diluted, perhaps you could tell them, kindly, to drink it a little faster (or just pour in more alcohol!). Wow, I guess some people really have it rough...

Finally, have you seen the prices of frozen Blackberries?? Unreal. $4.50 for the generic, 3 serving bag? Blackberries are the foundation for my smoothies and oatmeal breakfasts, but not at that price. I was so bummed when I went shopping and saw that price tag, no thank you.

No comments: