Thursday, February 16, 2012

Good Food!

First of all, Happy Belated Valentine's Day! The new principal at Mason's school has lifted the evil "no sugary party snack" ban! YEAH! It's bittersweet for me since this is the last year Mason will have a Valentine's Day class party (sniffle, sniffle). So, I made these:



Yum!

Tonight I made veggie soup and homemade garlic bread for dinner:




Mason is not a soup-eater, so this was all mine!

Homemade pumpkin butter is simmering on the stove as I type. It smells fantastic in here! I found a few breakfast recipes that I want to try that call for pumpkin butter, so I thought that I should whip up a batch. It's the best!

This next item falls under the, "WHAT THE...." catagory:



WHAT THE heck are boiled peanuts (I mean, except the obvious). During my last trip to Wegman's (before Christmas), I found this in the ethnic food asile. I can't remember what ethnicity this can was under but I knew we had to try them! For the past two months everytime I open my cabinet I see these sitting there. I am afraid. Mason is afraid. These just seem too weird! I will be sure to update how they were, complete with pictures! However, that still could be another two months away! WHO boils peanuts....

No comments: