Monday, February 06, 2012

Lazy. Lazy. Lazy



Lazy seems to be a theme around here lately. I guess with the added pressures of school and Mason bringing home fractions for homework, most of our free time is spent lounging. That even applies to the cat! She fell asleep cleaning herself in the picture above! I have decided that tomorrow Facebook will not hold me hostage, I will not even log-in until all the cleaning is done! Yeah, we'll see about that one. Facebook = evil time-thief. I think it might be easier to survive living in a Turkish prison. [Jerry Seinfeld "Newman" voice] "Facebook"

The Giants won the superbowl!! It was a great game. The commercials were, once again, not up to par. There were a few good ones. There were more scantily clad women than I care for my 11 year old boy to see in a lot of the 30 second, million dollar ads. It just shows what society has come to. Less creativity and more skin is what sells, I suppose.


Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE inspirational quotes! I fill my house with them as daily reminders of how great life is even when it isn't so much. Sometimes the quotes are hand painted on canvas or printed on an item that was bought. However, most of them are hand written on the nearest index card or old reciept lying on the table, it adds character, ya know??!

Words that I live by:



Words that everyone should live by:



I really can't wait for flea market/yard sale season to get here! I have been on the lookout at the thrift stores for an old dresser to paint or re-finish. No luck. I have been feeling really creative on a redecorating level lately. Of course, I don't have the means to go buy all new, but even if I did that isn't my style. Unless we are talking about Pier 1. Let me tell you about Pier 1. That store actually makes me, the thriftiest of all thrift shoppers, think (if only for a few minutes) that it is ok to spend $450 on a side chair. A $300 framed mirror? Sure! Curtains that cost more than all the furniture in my house, combined? Not a problem. I love every single thing in that store. All the sparkle and glitter!! Don't get me started on glitter. When the Pier 1 catalog graces my mailbox, I act like a child in a candy store. I grab a cup of tea and get lost in the fantasy of having an entire house furnished with those items, some that I can't even pronounce. Thirty minutes later I am back to reality. Someday. Someday at least 25% of my house will be furnished with goodies from Pier 1!

No comments: