Sunday, February 05, 2012

It's Sunday (and it's SUPER)!



The countdown until game time is getting smaller and smaller! Of course it won't be as thrilling of a game (for me, anyway) but it's still the SUPERBOWL. Since the Steelers lost in a horrific two-second OT to end their chances for #7, I will be rooting for ABB (Anyone But Brady). It's still not a tough choice to root for the Giants because I have family that tend to live and breathe NY Giants, soooo GO GIANTS! I hope the commercials are better than last year! I will not remind Mason that the Puppy Bowl is on because I would rather poke my eyes out (and I LOVE puppies!!).

On to the menu. SuperBowl is always known for SNACK-TIME! I will be making veggie mini corndog muffins, chips & veggies with dip, tomatillo pizza, my famous (only to Mason and I!) hot spinach and artichoke dip and homemade brownies! Yum! I have "healthified" the spinach and artichoke dip and per Mason's request he asked that I NOT make "healthified" brownies again! It shall be a good night!




My (slight) obsession with Jimmy Fallon continues to grow. Comedy is so subjective. Of course there are comedians who have stood the test of time, but really I can only think of a few that are actually really funny. When I really got into SNL Jimmy Fallon was a cast member. He was memorable. I liked a lot of his skits. Only since he has had his own talk show did I really pay attention to his amazing talent. He.Is.So.Funny!!!! After I got laid-off from my job and before I got a plan for my life I was in a slump. For about two weeks my days consisted of watching the ID channel, forensic files and cold case files and watching countless youtube videos of Jimmy Fallon's comedy career. I could not get enough. Each one seemed funnier and funnier. I would stay up late to catch his 12:37am talk show every single day. Now, I usually DVR it (unless I've had some serious coffee consumption). He seems to top himself on every new skit. Have you seen The Jersey Floor skits?? He's a comedic genius and I really think he has a long-lasting career. He makes me laugh and we all need a lot of that in our life. He is doing a LIVE show after the superbowl tonight, I am sure it won't disappoint!

GOOD LUCK, GIANTS!!

No comments: