Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dear Ice Cream Maker,

I'd compliment you by saying you are the best thing since sliced bread, but since sliced bread was introduced into the mainstream in the 1920's I'd have to say you are the best thing since, well pretty much any other kitchen appliance I have ever spent money on. Keep up the good work!

It's not unusual for me to talk to household items or food for that matter. That's why I could not stop telling this new flavor of sorbet how much I adored it:



Pineapple-Coconut 'sorbet'. There are not enough m's in Mmmmmm. I'm up in the air about calling it 'sorbet' because traditional sorbet does not contain milk or cream. I believe that is what separates it from sherbet. But either way, I will call it either because it's going to be a regular in my house! I used 'lite' coconut milk, pineapple juice, crushed pineapple (it gave it a GREAT texture), sugar, vanilla and vanilla soy milk. Oh, soooo good!

So far I have made:

Lemon-Blackberry Sorbet (not making again)
Peanut Butter Cup (made twice)
Coffee-Toffee (very good!)
Coffee-Nutella Toffee (not bad)
Strawberry frozen yogurt (delish)
Chocolate Sorbet (Mmmm)
Pineapple-Coconut Sorbet

I think I've gotten my money's worth!

Next up: Pumpkin Ice Cream (thanks for the idea, Mom Mom!) I'd like to try it with vanilla soy milk, maybe not substitute all of the milk/cream with it, but a majority of it I will try. I hope this isn't defeating the original purpose of trying to eat healthy!

Mason and I went to see Toy Story 3 yesterday and it was great! Those movies are just the best and this one didn't disappoint!

No comments: