Sunday, July 04, 2010

Stay Tuned....

[Deep English Accent] Stay tuned for the latest saga of, "Robynnnnn, and THE Fruit Market...."

"On Thursday, Robyn made her way to the fruit market for a third time this season. The wind had a cool breeze, but Robyn knew the temperature was going to break 90 today (this really has no relevance to the story, just setting the mood (!)). The time was 9:35 am. Fruit Market opens at 10:00am, not a second sooner. Robyn pulls into the parking lot, casually grabs the parking spot right in front of the door as she plots out her route to the [da..da..daaa] 'Reject Table'. God knows she had enough time! 9:45am, cars start flooding the parking lot. 9:50am, Robyn starts getting a little nervous, as she looks around she notices other people looking around, she can only guess it is to see who will make the first move, WHO will be in line first. Well, Robyn came there for one purpose, to be the first in line. For the thrill of the hunt, if you will. 9:59am, Robyn has been in line now for 4 minutes. An elderly woman gradually makes her way up to her with a smile. "I'm no fool" Robyn thought to herself. "I know what this woman wants to do", "She wants to strike up a nice conversation in hopes of my respect for elders deters me from running over anyone in my way to the reduced produce". Nope. Think again. 10:00am, the gate opens, Robyn, [this could be visualized in slow motion] holds her head up high, looks to her right to see people cheering her on, throwing bottles of water at her, chanting, "Go Robyn, you're almost there", "you can do it" [not really, this was just for drama purposes], she could feel the wind in her hair and as she approached the finish line, her reward was great. Sitting there were 4 baskets full of delicious veggies of all kinds. Eggplant, peppers (red and green) cucumbers, etc. "Amazing" she thought as she grabbed 2 baskets full. "Amazing and kind of ridiculous". What, I say WHAT is Robyn going to do with:



2 eggplants
10 hot peppers
2 mini rutabagas
7 cucumbers
1 huge zucchini
8 yellow squash
8 red peppers
1 sweet potato
1 bag carrots
21 (yes, 21!) green peppers
3 kiwis

Total: $5.00

I'll let her tell you.....

Well, one word comes to mind. It starts with an 'S' and ends with 'oup'. I mean what else is there?? Well, I did make a vegetable lasagna, I used the eggplants as the noodles and layered cottage and ricotta cheese in between sliced peppers and yellow squash. It made enough to feed an Italian neighborhood. So, I will be purchasing some quality freezer containers to save the rest. I love to cook and I thought it was difficult when there were three here to cook for because I always made SO much food, so now that there is just Mason and I, it's even more difficult. So, I hope this freezes well because if not, we might just turn into vegetable lasagna! I have a pot of soup on the stove right now and I am attempting to make my own veggie stock with all the leftover pieces of the cut vegetables. That would be nice to have veggie stock on hand and not waste anything! I still have quite a few green peppers left, I think I'll chop them up and freeze them for omelets, etc. I sliced up the cucumbers for us to snack on, however there were two causalities: 2 moldy cucumbers.

We went to our friends house for a '4th of July' Bash last night. How fun! I just couldn't imagine myself anywhere else right now. I have great friends and my family (not all) is close by and things are good.



The kids had a blast, great food, great company, sitting by the fire and talking. What else could you ask for?? Everyone left around midnight, we stayed until around 1:30am and Mason was asked to sleep over. Now, he has slept over there before and the last time he didn't go to bed until 6am! So, when they dropped him off today at around noon, I asked if he broke the record and stayed up later than that. He sure did!! He didn't even go to sleep!! He is still wide awake and plans to go to the pool later! What a life! I remember the summer days of staying up all night and sleeping in all day. I wish he could sleep in all day, but I have to work. I remember when I was a kid we had about 3 channels (how did I survive??) and one of them was Fox. At 2am in the summer they had "Insomniacs Theater"! It was a creepy movie that they played every night and I loved it! My nights of 2am movies have passed, but I still love the creepy movies!

Mason had his last baseball game of the season. The team officially named themselves the 'Davidson Ducks' [I have no idea why!], so I made them cupcakes for a great season:





I had these ducks from Mason's pool party one year (see, there is a reason I never throw anything away!). I thought to myself, this may be too goofy to give a bunch of baseball players, after all they are 9 and 10! Do they really want rubber ducks on their cupcakes? Would I embarrass Mason? Nope. They loved them (as I breathed a sigh of relief!) and they were gone in 6.7 seconds! I dread the day Mason doesn't want me to do this anymore.

Well, I guess to celebrate Independence Day, Jason decided to send me divorce papers. I got them yesterday along with the custody "request". I certainly hope I can see an attorney this week, early this week. This is going to be knock-down-drag-out. I didn't get justice with the child support hearing, so I am asking God to please be with me and let things go my way during this. I know because he is the father, he is going to have many rights, I just hope that my case can outweigh some of those rights. It's sickening to be going through this. All within 3 months, we were happy, he told me he didn't love me, he left, he files for divorce. I don't know, sometimes I still can't wrap my head around it, sometimes it all feels like a bad dream that I can't wake up from. That POS stood 6 inches away from me at Mason's game on Thursday night knowing that he filed for divorce and custody and that I didn't even know yet. I've wasted too much time on that loser, I need to get an amazing attorney and fight for what is most important: Mason.

Mason and I are currently looking for a new place to live. It's really hard with pets. I know I am going to have to find homes for some of them, but living my life without a pet (or two) seems unimaginable. All the reasonably priced apartments/townhouses do not allow pets at all. It is breaking my heart. I know I don't have to leave where I am at now, so I have time to look, but this place is so big for the two of us. The upkeep of a house is just too much for me right now. We want a fresh start. I am sick of looking at Jason's stuff here. I want to sell everything and move on. I didn't think this is what I wanted to do, but I am ready now and so is Mason. So, I found an apartment a little outside of town here, still the same school district, so my Mom, Mason and I went to go look at it. Oh.My.Gosh. The word squalor would be too kind. It was unbelievable and I can't imagine it was even legal to rent. So, we keep looking. It will happen when it happens. The thought of moving 11 years worth of 'stuff' is not too appealing, but it will be cleansing when it happens.

Happy 4th, everyone!

No comments: