Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lost.

No, not the insanely stupid show that somehow lasted 6 seasons, but lost in life. I'm not really 'lost', but sometimes I feel that way. Especially with all the current events of my life. You seem to think that your life is on one path and just as you get comfortable with how everything is moving along, you get thrown onto another path. This path is not as smooth as the pavement-covered one I was on. This new path is more of a hard gravel. You can't walk down it as fast. Is that a bad thing? Maybe. Maybe not. I'm 31 and still don't know 'what I want to be when I grow up'. I love my job now, it affords me a nice living as well as the flexibility needed when raising a child. But is it what I want to do forever? I don't know. I recently took a quiz online to see what jobs would best suit me, you know like the same quiz taken in 8th grade! Here are my results:


Career Aptitude Test Results

The career types most closely related to your selected attributes are:
(click on any of the careers to get more information)

Mathematicians
Political Scientists
Sociologists
Poets, Lyricists and Creative Writers
Marriage and Family Therapists
Industrial-Organizational Psychologists
Psychiatrists
English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
Economists
Foreign Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary

Um.Ok.No. Math?? Some, of these career options I could see. I could see the therapist career or the creative writing, but #1 going to school to be a therapist takes FOREVER (I have little to no attention span for school) and #2 creative writing? If I could only get paid for blogging! I suppose my attitude has a lot to do with it. If I REALLY wanted it, I'd go for it, right? That is what I am lacking, motivation. I don't like to be out of my comfort zone (who does?), but I was thrown so far out of my comfort zone months ago and I am adapting. I don't know what appeals to me and I am afraid I will never find out. So, while I am pondering all the career options out there that I would be suitable for, here's a funny LOLcat:





And how cool is this table? I'd love to do a scaled down version:

No comments: