Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Sun Is The Devil

I'm not shy about saying how I feel about the sun, I just don't like it. Maybe I was a vampire in another life, after all I am blood-sucking. So, now because I spent ALL weekend outside, I have sun burn all over my arms, neck and chest. OUCH. Not only does it hurt, it itches SO bad! I even applied the sunscreen multiple times throughout the day. We have a cook out to go to tonight and I hope the sun does a disappearing act! I can't wait to go get a cool shower to cool this down.

We went to a yard sale on Saturday and Mason found this:


It was brand new and one of those really high quality telescopes, for $10! Great find, Mason! So we put it together and went outside last night to look at the stars and couldn't see any! I never realized that looking through a telescope was something you had to learn! There are so many different lens, scopes and knobs that it's pretty confusing! I want to learn how to do it because I think looking at the planets and stars is going to be pretty cool!

Mason is watching Home Alone 2 right now! It makes me want to watch the first one, that movie never gets old to me! I like to watch it around the holidays. And while he is watching it, he's drinking pickle juice. Yes, you read that right.

Well, recipe #4 is ready to try in the ice cream maker! I have the batter chilling in the fridge and when I get home tonight I'm going to make it. I really should slow down because the freezer is well stocked with frozen goodies! This latest recipe is chocolate sorbet. Mmmmm. It is surprisingly easy! A simple syrup made of sugar, water and salt. I substituted half of the sugar with splenda and since it doesn't need to be baked or even cooked at a high temp, it will not lose it sweetness. Then sifted coco powder is whisked in. That's it. Then after it chills in the fridge for a few hours, in the machine it goes. Oh, I hope it's good!

I'm off to get ready for the cook out, there will be 'couples' there, I kind of feel out of place now because I am no longer a 'couple', but I will adapt. I miss doing the couple things because we were for awhile and I really enjoyed it. But, I will be part of a couple again someday and I look forward to that. I am looking forward to a lot of things in my future, 'couple' cook outs are just one of them!! I made angel food cake cupcakes to take with me. Should be fun!

No comments: