Friday, June 11, 2010

Ahhhh, This Is The Life...



85 degrees today and we were all geared up for the pool today! Mason's swimming shorts, to my surprise, still fit. So off we went, we were the second ones there, but it sure filled up fast! So, the pool was a little green, but they assured us it was only because of the rain water (??) and the umbrellas were not up, so my very fair skin got doused with 50 SPF, and I still think the sun got through it. As I walked by the lifeguard I heard her say, "59". So, I turned around and she was reading the temp of the water!! 59 DEGREES!!! Wow. Brrrr. So Mason, (eventually) made his way in, but very slowly!! I plan to go swimming this summer, in fact I can't wait to get into the pool, but not at 59 degrees! I put my legs in and got a whole new appreciation for the Polar Bear Club!


That was cold. I don't know how Mason stayed in that water for hours!
Mason 'dishing' with the girls: (HaHa!) I'm thinking he only went over there for the food??



Sweet face:



Don't let all these 'fun' pictures fool you. Behind that smile on Mason's face is a lot of pain. Pain he has trouble dealing with. Pain that will be with him forever. His mood can go from extreme happiness to extreme hatred, sadness and fear in a matter of seconds. It comes out when it's only us or on a rare occasion he will tell someone he trusts how he really feels. But it's mostly me who tries to help him deal with all of it, all of the tears fall on my shoulder and that's why I'm here. How could you hurt a child so bad, let alone your own. But this is mostly the face I see at home:



Grumpy. Sad. Mad. That's ok, though. I can handle it!

But I know someday he will, again, have more smiles and more happiness.

Here are some pictures that I took that I love the way they turned out. The outside, natural light gave these pictures a fantastic look:


Hamming it up.

Look how beautiful the clouds are.


He REALLY needs a haircut!

Here are some cool pictures that I took ;0):

A butterfly that was on the fence at Mason's game last night:


A bees nest under a picnic table at the pool (I didn't tell anyone about it because I was afraid someone would come over and destroy it, however, I doubt it's going to last all summer):



Well, I'm beat, a day in the sun will do that to you! Have a great weekend, everyone, I know I will!

No comments: