Sunday, June 06, 2010

My Glorious Garden

Now last year, I wanted a garden sooooo bad. So I begged my former spouse to dig one up for me in the backyard so that I could plant my growing-out-of-control seedlings. I had tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, squash, pumpkin, sunflowers, etc. all started and ready to provide a summer's full of fresh produce. Then he got the shovel, all ready to dig, and within about 10 minutes (I may be stretching the time by about 8 minutes) he gave up. It was too much to build a garden. So all my seedlings died (not that I was guaranteed successful crops anyway with my black thumb, but...). I was promised a garden this year, tilled with a borrowed tiller. I couldn't wait to get some plants in the ground and not have to pay grocery store prices all summer long. So, you ask, how is my garden, now?? Well, here it is:



...


...


...






Yep, a container of cabbage and a small pot of basil that I am nursing back to health. Oh, don't forget about the Topsy Turvy. That should provide enough tomatoes for the the summer anyway. Oh, promises, shomises, who needs them anyway? I suppose he promised me a lot and in the end, what do I have to show for it? Maybe a head of cabbage.

Best. Lunch. Ever:



Grilled peanut butter/marshmallow sandwich on Panera bread with sweet potato fries. 'Nuff said!

Looking forward to tomorrow, Mason has a field trip and I can't wait to go!! What an awesome baseball game they had on Friday night, he is really proving himself this year, he has done so well and I am so proud of him!

No comments: