Monday, April 27, 2009

It's Too Cold. It's Too Hot.

I wish the weather would make up it's mind. Last Thursday (4 days ago) it was snowing like crazy and freezing cold. The weekend was perfect, it was so beautiful. Today it got up to 90 degrees!! What is going on?? I personally thought it was way too hot today and I really am not ready for summer (even though that phrase came out of my mouth everyday during the winter). I think if it were between 60 and 70 degrees year round, I'd be happy!! However that is far from what happens in Pa! Then as I attempted to turn on the AC on in my car, it didn't get cool. So, right up to the mechanic it went because 'I don't do no air conditioning'!! And of course, it can't be a simple belt or something fairly cheap, it's the compressor. And that costs $550. Yeah.

As I was lounging around yesterday trying to get better for the up coming week, I caught a marathon of the show 'sweat equity' on DIY. It got me so motivated (after about 8 shows) to get something done in the house. So we made an incredibly impulsive trip to Walmart on an unbelievably small budget and I decided to paint and redo Mason's room. He picked the paint and the theme (SpongeBob, if you can't tell!!) and while he was at school I was going to get the room done. Thankfully, Jason got home from work early because I would have never gotten all of it done by 3:30. Jason also came up with the 'bubbles on the wall' idea and I thought they turned out awesome! I just cut sponges in a circle in two different sizes and then just stamped them at random. Mason has a very, very small room, so I didn't want to clutter it with any extra stuff, so I worked with what we had. I painted this brown dresser in SpongeBob colors, I won't even tell you where I got this dresser (ok, yes, I will, someone was throwing it away and we (I mean Jason) picked it up and we sped off!! But I have gotten so much use out of it and it is very durable, so I am happy that we have it.). But enough rambling, here are the pictures:





I got a plain corkboard and just spray painted it the same color as the dresser drawers:



So, I don't know how long Mason will be into the whole SpongeBob thing, but the room is here to stay for awhile! I like it and the look on his face when he saw it made the whole day worth while. Even though painting in 90 degree weather is not my thing!

2 comments:

madcapfrenzy said...

Very cute! Love all the bubbles! My sister-in-law would die if she saw this...she ADORES Spongebob. hehe

Gwen said...

That is an awesome room redecoration! The bubbles are really fun and give the space some movement. It's very unusual and creative.
I admire your skill and tenacity to paint on a 90-degree day when you also have a cold!