Sunday, April 19, 2009

/Weekend Of Awesomeness/

This weekend I planned to go to my local scrap shop because they were having their 'supply switcharoo', AKA 'the yard sale of awesomeness'! Customers buy a space on the table for $5 and then sell all their old scrap stuff for rock bottom prices. There were 21 vendors this time, the most ever. It was great, you have to get in early to get the best stuff and as the 9am hour rolls up it gets so crowded you can hardly move! I got some really great stuff. A woman must have been clearing out all of her 7 gypsies stuff because I grabbed a ton of it. I love 7 gypsies product, but it is hard to find in the stores here. So, long story short, I got a lot of high quality scrapbooking items for $34!! I was so excited to come home and go through all of it!

Then this morning we got up bright and early to go to the flea market. There were not as many vendors as years past, but it still was a good time. I always like to find old things (stamps, books, etc.) that are interesting to look at or to use in a crafty way. I also hate when the vendors think that because it is old, it should be expensive! I was pleasantly surprised to find a lot of really cool old items for very cheap. I found these old matchbook covers of some local places, as well as some from far away. Some still had the matches in them!! I also found some old photographs, small calendars from the early to mid 1900's, thread on wooden spools, and just an assortment of things from back in the day, you know, when they made things to last. Here are a few of my favorites:





Then there was an estate sale auctioneer there that was selling everything for $1. I so wish I would have gone to that one first, but oh well! I did, however, get a nice wooden box that contained a wok, I really just wanted the box, so I took the wok out.



Funny, huh?? A cat in a wok box!


I also got a nice tray, upon closer inspection, I think I am going to leave it as is. Just clean it up a bit because it is very sturdy and would make a nice plant stand or something!



Finally these trays with this cool bicycle poster on them:



I hope it doesn't say anything strange on them! I did take French, but I can't read that!! So, in my efforts to simplify my life, I just bring more clutter!! But I will be able to use all of it (so I keep telling myself!)

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Those trays in the old-looking styles were popular in the 1970s and 1980s. I don't think there is anything inappropriate on the bicycle tray.
Hope you kept that wok. They are good to cook in!