Saturday, April 04, 2009

Crazy Saturday.

I had a lot to do today. Today is my Mom's and Amber's birthday. I made my Mom yellow cake with chocolate icing (in cupcake form) and I also got her this really cool old wooden tool box that was painted and I filled it with flowers. I went to the Craft Fair today and I got her a really pretty stained glass mirror. I think that she'll like it. I also made her this card, but after about 100 pictures I still couldn't get a good one (did I mention that I need a new camera?), but here it is anyway:



It looks really nice in person! For some reason my camera doesn't like everyone to see what things really look like, but whatever.

Back to the craft fair. I was hoping for more, but it seems that all people sell are those country crafts (stars, bears, candles, etc.), plastic canvas (WHO buys that??) and jewelry (it's really nice handmade jewelry, but nothing unique). It's the same old, same old. I was hoping for something interesting that would make me really WANT to buy it. Nope. Even the stained glass mirror that I bought my Mom, I could have made, I used to do the stained glass/tile stuff all the time. I guess that I was just disappointed that there wasn't more unique items to look at. On top of all the stuff that I had planned for the day, I found a yard sale ad in the paper and thought that I could swing that, too. So at 8am Mason and I got up and ventured over to the yard sale. It was freezing outside. However, a true junk freak like myself can tough it out. It wasn't that great, but I did pick up a few items to alter and also a brand new pizza slicer for .25!

Now onto the rest of the day. Mason had swimming lessons this morning and then went to his friend Cody's house for an Easter party. It was a lot of fun, a ton of kids were there and Cody's parents hid 1000 plastic eggs in the woods for them to find! How crazy is that, 1000 eggs!! It was really chilly and windy, but other than that it was a lot of fun. Here is my favorite picture of the day:



The picture just looks so peaceful and the view from their house was amazing. It kind of made me miss the old days of living in the country (only for a few short minutes, though!).

I ended up buying some more of those planters that I showed in a former post, I plan on altering them and giving them as Easter flower planters, here's one:



While cleaning out the game closet a while ago I found this old piece of really hard cardboard that was apparently used to separate game pieces (I have no idea what game it came from) but it was in such good condition, I decided to keep it.




Then I painted it, distressed it, inked it and added some tiny pieces of stained glass and framed a painting of Van Gogh's from a book that I have:




That's all I've got right now, I am going to enjoy the rest of my afternoon, eat Subway for dinner and then upstairs to my scrap room and get some stuff done! Oh, and don't forget COPS and America's Most Wanted!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

The Van Gogh craft is absolutely stunning! BTW, there are some marvelous miniature Japanese prints from an old desk calendar, sent to you by your aunt, in an orange shoe box that should be at your parents'. Check it out, there are some really nice printed Easter eggs suitable for seasonal decorating, and some other stuff.