Saturday, April 18, 2009

.Sometimes Things Don't Make Sense.

*Warning: This post is going to be deep.

I know that life is a game of faith, chance, and uncertainty, but some recent local events have really made me think. The first one happened about 2 weeks ago. A man went into a local Subway restaurant and killed a 19 year old high school student who had his whole life ahead of him. He then shot another employee and fled the scene. After leaving the Subway, he shot and killed a 64 year old man who was just out getting his mail. For the whole story, click here. Imagine going to work or simply going to get your mail and never seeing another day. I can't seem to wrap my head around all this senseless crime. This next story is just heartbreaking. On Monday, a 23 year old Marine was traveling back to North Carolina after visiting his family for Easter. He was in a horrible car accident that took his life the following day. This is a person who served two overseas deployments and was an outstanding Marine and a car crash ends his life. It doesn't end there. He had his dog with him and the dog survived the car crash, but is now missing. Volunteers have been out searching for him and he has been spotted, but no one can catch him. This is the only thing the family has to hold onto. It just breaks my heart to think how scared this poor dog is. Click here for the whole story.

I guess you just never know when your time is up. I guess the saying,"Live life to the fullest" is pretty accurate. Love the ones you're with and don't take anything for granted.

Sorry about the Debbie Downer post, but it made me feel better!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I feel terrible about this senseless crime and equally senseless accident. Here is my personal philosophy on this: If I died tomorrow, my life would still have been a million times better than 99 percent of the people who have ever lived on this planet. I consider myself lucky and count my blessings every day. Of which you are one.