Saturday, April 11, 2009

*Time To Stamp*

Just FYI, I am on this 'no caffeine' kick right now and I would do just about anything for a diet mountain dew right now, just thought I would put that out there.

Now back to the original post. I went to Michael's today to pick up some stamping items and discovered a whole new untapped area of the craft store! I have to admit, no matter how hard I try, I can't find wooden block stamps that I like. But the clear stamps are a whole different story. I have quite a few of the clear letter stamps, but that's about it. From Tim Holtz to Marta Stewart to the cheapie dollar ones, I see potential in all of them. Then I got my bag full of goodies and as soon as I got home, I got to work. I made some cards for Easter (yes, it is late!) and some just to say 'hi'. Here they are:

This first one I stamped the butterfly then chalked it, inked it and topped it off with some Tim Holtz crackle finish sewed some buttons on, pulled it all together and called it a day!



This one here I printed out a bunny picture and then chalked the bunny, used Tim Holtz crackle paint on the egg, distressed it a little and came up with this:



This one is so simple, all I did was stamp the bird and added stamped letters to textured cardstock and put it on decorative edged paper cut to fit the card and here it is:




Ok, this next one, I LOVE! I just thought it was so cute and funny! Ready?
Here's to all my Peeps:







Like it??!

I am hoping to get a post in on Sunday, if not have a wonderful Easter, everyone!

2 comments:

madcapfrenzy said...

Very Cute! I love Michael's. (I have to avoid that place- it is dangerous to a craft lover.) Great cards for Easter and for ones just to say hello. :) Happy Easter!

Gwen said...

Amazing cards. You really have the gift. Seems like Easter was very festive at your house! "Star Wars" eggs, hee hee hee!!