Friday, April 17, 2009

---->Yummy<----



I bought a bag of 15 bean soup the other day and as soon as my big batch of veggie soup was gone (I'm convinced it helped me get over my cold sooner!) I planned on making this. Too bad I didn't think of this last night, to soak the beans, but it only (only!) takes 8 hours for them to soak. So, they are soaking right now and at around 4 o'clock I'm going to start boiling the beans. The recipe on the bag calls for '1 1/4 pound ham hock' D.I.S.G.U.S.T.I.N.G!! Even if I ate meat, how appetizing does a 'ham hock' sound?? What the heck is a ham hock, anyway??** I really don't want to know. Anyway, the seasoning packet that came with it was ham flavored, but there was nothing listed in the ingredients that made it non-vegetarian, but I simply could not have a ham flavored soup, I think that would make me sick! I'm going to throw in some tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers (green and hot), carrots, celery and corn. I'm thinking of adding some diced potatoes, but I don't know if that would make it too starchy. I also have some soup seasoning to give it more flavor. Yummy!

Here are a couple more of those t-shirts that I found hilarious!






OH YEAH!! TONIGHT @ 9pm!!



**I am SO sorry that I googled ham hock, BTW.

No comments: