Tuesday, April 14, 2009

*Plumbing & Ranting & Stamping, Oh My*

I have discovered what I want to be when I grow up. A plumber. It may not be the most glamorous job, but it sure does pay well (here's plan B: I have Jason become a plumber, yeah.... that's now plan A). Anyway, we had a little issue with the kitchen sink/dishwasher/washing machine pipes. We thought it was a clog, so we used the Drain-O Max stuff for kitchens without success. I made a little call to Roto Rooter (this was at 6pm, after hours) and I was hoping that they would send these guys out:




But all I got was a quote for $235 JUST TO RING THE DOORBELL!! No thanks! So, I found a local plumber that will kindly only charge me $90 to make the house call! Unbelievable. Not saying that plumbers don't earn their money, but WOW, is that ever a steep price to pay (and it's not even a big job!).

Next up is just a little pointless ranting, but it drives me CRAZY when people are parked right next to (I mean literally RIGHT next to) a cart return and they leave their cart in the parking spot, then drive away and make it someone else's problem. How lazy can a person be? I can totally understand if it's a person with a disability or maybe there is not a cart return in sight, or extremely bad weather, but give me a break. Take that extra two seconds of your day to place the cart where it goes. I'm done, yes, I feel better!

Here is another project that I did using the wonderful butterfly stamps that I bought:

This is the before (I got this at the thrift store for .79):



I love butterfly displays (without the cruelty!):



I stamped the butterfly and then used clear/glittery embossing power and I love how it turned out! Then I just kept adding the crystals until I thought it looked complete! That's all for now!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

You are awesome, my little darling Bun!
I mean, what excellent work and creativity, Robyn.