Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Evil Little Furry Things



So last night/early AM I hear this:

run.run.run.jump.jump.jump.drink.drink.drink.jump.run.eat.wheel.wheel.wheel. You get the point, right?

So in my mind at 3 AM, I'm thinking this could be rain. I was wrong. It was Bugsy, the unbelievably adorable, yet very annoying hamster. As my mind came to in a hazy fog, I realized that this was not going to stop anytime soon and I needed to get back to bed. So, I start thinking. Maybe I could rationalize with this little fur ball. It would have went something like this," Hey, ummm, Bugs, it's like 3 AM here and I need some sleep, you understand, right? I mean, I adopted you and all, gave you a 3 story luxury cage complete with a house, all the food you could want, fresh water, toys, and an edible cave. I saved you from a life of living at Petco, could you give me some respect, here?"

I think that would have been a nice approach. Then it didn't stop, so I start to think of other ideas. Should I move his cage to the bathroom? I know, I could bring Newsie Bear into the room for a few minutes to give him a little scare. Scare tactics work with hamsters, right? Then, just as I am concocting another plan to get some much needed sleep, I hear, "BUGSY, KNOCK IT OFF" Slam.Slam.Slam. Jason got up and yelled and then tapped (rather hard) the top of the cage. It worked. Ahhhh, it worked. For 10 seconds.

Run.Run.Run.Jump.Eat.Eat.Eat.Wheel.Wheel.Drink. Ahhhhhh. I know, they are nocturnal. I sleep with 3 fans and an air conditioner and I can't handle a little hamster running around at night?? So, I'm probably going to be grouchy today, tired and not motivated, but hey, what's new!

Find the kitty, it fooled all of us!

No comments: