Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Blueberry Pickin'





Yummmm, blueberries. Mason and I went to a local farm this morning to pick some berries. I called first just to make sure that this was not a farm that existed 10 years ago because, after all, I did find this place online. So, I called and asked if they were open for the season. I then asked if the 'Pick Your Own' side was open. Indeed it was, and she informed me in a southern voice, "All you need is your workin' hands and some money, honey!". So, I was set because I had both! I am so glad that we got there early because it would have been so HOT in that field during the afternoon! We went into the little store to get our buckets and I got 2, thinking it would be easy to fill these buckets!! Well, it took us 1 and 1/2 hours to fill ONE bucket!! Mason was a really good sport and I thought that I was going to have to get him weighed because of how many blueberries he ate! I think he really had fun!

Here's where we started:



Along the way we saw a 'Pick your own' strawberry farm. That's the plan for next week! I need to get on finding some recipes because the bucket weighed in at 6.3 pounds! First up....Blueberry Corn Muffins. YUM.

No comments: