Saturday, July 11, 2009

Do You Hear What I Hear??

.........Yes, that's it. Nothing. The house is empty and quiet. I have ME time. Jason and Mason are having a 'guys weekend' that includes a NY Mets game on Sunday at the new Citi Field! I certainly would not want this much peace and quiet all the time, but it is nice to have once and a while. I'm catching up on some Netflix documentaries that I have had lying around here for way too long. I'm not saying these are the best documentaries, in fact I'm even too embarrassed to say what they are, so let's move on shall we....

Alien Invasion



I believe, wholeheartedly, that there is life in this universe other than that here on Earth. I enjoy the occasional Discovery Channel show on evidence of life on other planets. However, I don't like when a good movie goes bad with an alien plot twist. We rented the new movie 'Knowing' with Nick Cage and I was sooooo into this movie, that is until Jason mentioned that he thought this was heading down the alien path. He was right. I was disappointed. It had such a good plot, very creepy, suspenseful, fast moving, and then *BAM*, here comes the UFO. Bummer. Sorry if I ruined this movie for anyone because you would never know from the previews that this is where the movie is going. It's not a total loss, but I couldn't give it a 2 thumbs up, or even one.

Yesterday I hit up a yard sale in a 'well to do' neighborhood and Mason spots a bike. I know, I know my kid is 8 and doesn't know how to ride a bike, shame on me. But we have been talking about getting him a bike for a while now and with a $15 price tag, I couldn't pass that up, plus he REALLY wanted this bike. He seems to think that it's as easy as jumping on and pedaling. Not so. We went down to the trail so that we could have lots of room for practice. This is how the afternoon started:



Cheery & happy to be on a bike.

I will not post about 45 minutes later, but lets just say it included lots and lots of tears. We'll try again on Monday. I got some pretty cool pictures along the way, though:




Some LoLCats (and a groundhog):




I think the groundhog one was funny because lately, it seems that I have been slamming on my brakes and honking my horn more than usual to help groundhogs get off the road safely! They are so cute, aren't they? Mason even asked if we could have one as a pet :) We fed baby groundhogs at the wildlife rehabilitation center once and talk about adorable!! Now, Gus The Groundhog (you know, the 2nd most famous groundhog in Pennsylvania) is a different story all together!



Keep On Scratchin'. Creepy.

I'm off to create....Have a wonderful Saturday night!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Awwwww! Gus is cute!
Check out my blog on ferrets.