Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Dark And Stormy Night....

Sounds like something from Pee Wee's Great Adventure, that fabulous movie from about 1988ish. Anyway, what is it about thunderstorms that relax me? We are having a really long and loud storm right now and I love it. I went and sat out on our back porch and just watched the rain fall and the lightening strike. I love the fresh smell of rain. As much as I feel one with nature during times like these, I surely hope we don't lose power! The lights are flickering and the TV has been out (stupid Dish Network). The dogs have such a hard time when we get storms like these. I have to keep Bandit in the bathroom for his own safety. I close the window and blinds and hope he doesn't give himself an ulcer from all of his pacing. I'm sure this is due to his many years left out on a chain during countless thunderstorms. Jayde is lying under my feet and Baileigh just sleeps under the couch cushions! The cats couldn't care less. Speaking of storms, isn't this picture awesome?




We went to my 2nd favorite grocery store the other day and got a HUGE order (yes, WE, Jason and Mason went grocery shopping with me, WOW). I got some new and exciting things to try! One of which was chocolate soynut butter. Yeah, might sound a little strange, but it was pretty good! It could be a little sweeter (couldn't most things), I put it on toast and it was delish! I got a Kashi 'Mushroom & Spinach' pizza--SO good! I found some really ripe, really delicious fresh raspberries. They were a little pricey, but well worth it.

As you can tell, I've got lots to talk about!! Not too much going on, now that there are no games to rush to. I've gotten quite a few layouts done. I can never get good pictures of them, that's why I don't post layouts, it's hard enough to get pics of my projects. Ohhhh, I keep dreaming of you, Canon Rebel.


{I *heart* you and can't wait until you are part of my family}


Lastly, I never get bored with LOLcats!






Oh, yeah before I forget this story. One of my stops on my route has had this crazy movie on their shelves for months, I mean MONTHS. I have looked at it every time I go in there. So, today I decided to take some money in with me so that I can pick it up, the whopping $3.99 that it was. AND IT WAS GONE!! I was so bummed! I know it's going to be stupid, with a capital S, but I LOVE cheesy/horror/comedy(it's only a comedy because the acting is so bad) movies and I really wanted to add this to my collection. But now I can't. Someone else is enjoying (I'm using that word loosely) Killer Clowns From Outer Space.





1 comment:

Gwen said...

Vegetarian kitty, hee hee hee!
Sorry to hear that pup is scared of storms. Many dogs are but you are correct, cats could care less. I will find out how ferrets react :)