Sunday, July 05, 2009

~Score~


I saw this odd shaped melon the other day at the grocery store and I thought, 'Hey, why not??' It's been sitting in my fridge chilling for the past few hours and today I decided to cut it up. It's called a Crenshaw Melon and according to the description it is, indeed, a popular melon. Much to my surprise I had never seen one before Saturday. I must be out of the melon loop. However, it was not soon enough that I tried this delicious, juicy honeydew/cantaloupe hybrid. It got three thumbs up in my household. Yummy! This will be a keeper. I highly recommend running out to the grocery store to pick one up!






Since I'm on the subject of fruits, I am planning a big 'pick your own blueberries' trip to the county right next to us to get fresh, ripe (and tons of them) blueberries. I can't wait, I'm just going to have to remember that one cannot live on blueberries alone(even though I love them), so I must not get too many. I'm sure the excitement in Mason's voice when last talking about this trip will fade three minutes into the labor intensive, time consuming task. Imagine how they had to survive in the old days....

I have been searching through my food magazines, cookbooks, and online recipe searches for more interesting dinner ideas. I want a recipe that is:

1. Quick
2. Delicious
3. Quick
4. Healthy
5. Quick
6. Easy
7. Not time intensive (oh, yeah, Quick)
8. Different
9. The whole family will enjoy
10. A chef that will prepare it for me.

I love to try new recipes, but I really feel that this entire baseball season we have either been wolfing down our dinner before or after a game, spending money at Subway, or just eating garbage. I have been so pressed for time that the thought of grocery shopping for a weeks worth of meals (that probably won't even get made) is really far down on my list of things that I want to do. It ranks right up there with having to work Saturdays. So, I hope to get my cooking mojo back as soon as baseball season is over.

1 comment:

madcapfrenzy said...

ooo. Sounds yummy, I might have to search for one of those!