Thursday, March 26, 2009

[Sad Day]

Today Jason's Grandmother died. She was in declining health and had been in a nursing home. Jason said that ever since she had gone there she was different. She was. She wasn't at home, that is the only place that she wanted to be. It's really sad. I'm sure she knew that she would never see home again. When Jason and I first started dating we would always go over to her house to eat! Back then she used to have these huge Thursday night dinners and big Sunday lunches and there was always food left over. Being a vegetarian, it was not always a feast for me, but she always made separate tomato sauce for me to eat. She also used to buy frozen cheese pizzas for me when we would come over for leftovers, I'd eat the pizzas and Jason would (usually) finish up the leftovers! She always had enough food for everyone. If you left her house hungry, it was your own fault!

She played a very important role in raising Jason. All the stories that I have heard over the years always included her in one way or another. When we first had Mason, she would watch him a lot so that we could have a break. Funeral arrangements are going to be next week. It will be a sad day. She will be missed.

No comments: