Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Story About Chili's



On our very rare 'let's-not-eat-at-Subway' weekend we decided to go to Chili's. Most of you know that Chili's is your typical bar and grill/meat-eaters kind of place, so I don't exactly know why I have been to this place more than once, but....So in a desperate attempt to 'please everyone', Chili's has added a black bean burger to their menu. I have gotten this numerous times (it's THE only thing on the menu that I will eat) and with a few special requests (cook in the microwave, not on the grill with the other burgers, no fat free ranch dressing because it contains gelatin, you know, simple (yet crazy) requests). So, we waited and waited and waited for our food. It finally arrived. As I was ready to dig in, I pulled it apart to make sure that there was no ranch dressing. There was. So since our waitress was MIA I decided to only eat the black bean burger with one half of a bun. I was fine with that. Then, just as I was ready to bite in, I touched the burger with my finger. Then I proceeded to snap it in half because apparently it had been cooked in the microwave for 10 minutes and had become rock hard. Good thing I didn't bite into it, because I would have probably looked like a toothless woman from an episode of COPS! Gross. So when our waitress finally came back we explained the situation and then the manager came to talk and it was promptly removed from our bill. So, long story short, it will be awhile before I make my way back into that restaurant.

No comments: