Friday, March 20, 2009

Finally Friday!

This weekend is our anniversary weekend! On Monday we will be married for 7 years! Mason has been so excited to spend this weekend with my Mom and Dad, he has it written on his calendar and everything! He is going to get a lot of swimming in, I'm sure. So tonight it's dinner and a movie for Jason and I. Should be fun!

Yesterday was also my Dad's birthday. I made him his favorite: Chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. I made cupcakes instead of a whole cake:



Here is the card that I made for him:



I got this awesome Tim Holtz crackle paint that I used on the chipboard star. I can't wait to experiment more with this stuff. I love distressed look, if it weren't for the distressing technique, I don't think I would do half of the projects that I do!

Finally, I planted some cat grass and boy, was it a hit! Here is my Newsie Bear chewing on some of it:



She's the best cat in the world!

I actually started this blog at around noon today and then I had to go back to work, then rush home to get Mason together for the weekend, then go over to my Mom and Dad's to give my Dad his birthday present, went out to eat at Panera, went to the movie theater and here I am now at 10 o'clock! The movie was really good. VERY graphic. But it was not a waste of $$ even though I think $17.50 for 2 tickets is outrageous.

No comments: