Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just A Few Crafty Thingys...

I have a nice stash of Goodwill items ready for me to get my hands on! There is a new Goodwill store opening up near here. You should see the building! I watched, for months, this huge, state-of-the-art building being built and to my surprise (and delight) it's a Goodwill! I just love thrift stores, can you tell??

This first one was just a wooden box, nothing special, so I just did a paint treatment on the lid and added some crystals and some letters to spell out LOVE. I made this back for Valentine's Day, however, I think LOVE is something that is a year round thing, so I think I'll keep it up!! I just hung the lid up on a nail, I'm not sure what I am going to do with the actual box part yet, maybe a shadow box?





This next one, pictures don't do it justice, I feel. It looks a lot better in person. This is just strengthens my case to get a new camera!! It was an old (and I mean old) jewelry box that I found in the basement that has survived many, many moves (apparently I know that I can always do something with anything even if it's quite a few years later!). I just took out the 'handles' and replaced it with one and turned it around so that it opens up instead of out. It was fun to do.




Finished project:



Here's the inside:




That's all I've got for now, I'm heading up to read Mason a bedtime story and then, brace yourself.........








GHOST HUNTERS IS ALL NEW TONIGHT!!! I CAN'T WAIT!

1 comment:

madcapfrenzy said...

Isn't altering things fun!? very cool.