Saturday, March 14, 2009

{Random}

So, I was at the M & M yesterday, for anyone who doesn't know what the M & M is, imagine all the junk in the world (plus some more) and enough dirt to supply a little league field all crammed into a building the size a of house and there you've got it--the M & M. However, it is a fun place to waste some time and hope that you will find a gem (like an actual copy of the Declaration of Independence for example) for dirt cheap. There is only one thing wrong with that theory: Nothing at the M & M is dirt cheap. These people will hold out for decades until they get the price that they want (and I am serious about that). But I have really been itching to get out and look for flea market and yard sale items and surely I could find SOMETHING, right?

That I did. At the time, I had no idea what it was that I was buying, but my famous saying, "I could figure out something to do with that" always hold true. This is what I found:





Yep, I thought, since there were so many of them, I could easily decoupage them onto something. As I looked closer at them, they appeared to be coupons good for junk out of a catalog, and if you saved enough of them you could probably buy a brand new car or something. I got home and started to research what on earth 'Chesterfield' was. Well, I found a ton of info on this. They are cigarettes, perhaps I should have known this, but coming from someone who doesn't smoke and is still in their 20's I had no idea. Whoever kept these coupons (that expired in 1985-1992) no doubt had a goal in mind of purchasing that car with all these coupons. I am fairly certain that they never achieved that goal due to the lung cancer I'm pretty sure they died from. But I searched YouTube and found this commercial:



It baffles my mind to think this was an actual commercial! I found other ads that promoted cigarettes as being healthy! Boy have we come a long way! Well, I am going to have fun figuring out what to do with these old coupons, no I'm not going to try for the car!

That's all I've got today.

No comments: