Wednesday, March 18, 2009

[Beautiful Day]

Oh, it's so beautiful outside today, I don't want to spend too much time at the computer. I had to make a delivery to David's Bridal today. Oh My Gosh, it made me want to get married all over again! They had the most beautiful dresses that I had ever seen! It makes me wish that I would have looked around more for my dress at the time, not that my dress wasn't beautiful (and we didn't even have a David's Bridal around me at the time) but these were drop-dead gorgeous. I'm sure the price tag reflected that also! Perhaps someday we will have a wedding all over again.

So, here is a project that I worked on awhile ago.



Finished project:



I love how it turned out! I was planning on doing something with the inside, but I think I'm going to leave it as is, it has two compartments for for pictures. I liked the red so much (maybe because it's my favorite color...) that I kept it and just distressed it a little. The butterfly turned out awesome! They are Heidi Swapp and it was hot pink felt. I inked them with a little alcohol ink and then painted over top of them with clear glitter nail polish. Then added some crystals. The blue background was wallpaper from a press kit that Aunt Gwen had given to me, it was so pretty, I would have loved to have an entire room covered in it. It has tiny glass beads on it! I would like to put 'legs' on it so that it can set up off of the table. I plan on getting faux crystal cabinet door knobs and screw them on all four corners. I got this box from the Goodwill for $1.99. Pay no attention to the condition of my craft table, it takes a beating, let me tell you!

I'll leave you with a pic of my cat, Raven. He has become ultra friendly since we moved into our house. He was never really unfriendly, but he kind of just kept to himself a lot. Nowadays he can be found on the arm rest of the recliner, right next to me anytime I am sitting down to watch TV!



That's it for today!

1 comment:

madcapfrenzy said...

That is so nifty! Very cute!