Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Ugggg....Another Round Of Winter Is Upon Us

Yep, we got hit with the ice storm. I'll take snow over ice any day (well, if given the choice, I'd take a cool, crisp fall day, but I digress). We got hit with a pretty good amount of ice. Jason's van wouldn't start this morning, we have not been strangers with the jumper cables this season! Of, course, with the mean boss that we have (wink, wink) work was still to be done. Perhaps that's why the company is so successful, we never take days off like this. I didn't have to venture out in it today, but Jason did. I was getting ready to take Mason out to the bus due to a 2 hour delay, when something told me to check the delay/closing website (maybe 'what told me' was that I couldn't even get the dogs out because the deck was treacherous) and sure enough, the entire district decided to close. So, Mason had a wii-filled day (I even played a level or two and it started to drive me crazy!). So, I just ran to Walmart about an hour ago to pick up dog food, and here it comes again, snowy, slippery roads all the way up there. I have never been so happy to have 4 brand new tires and 4 wheel drive in my life! I hope it clears up over night, but I feel a school delay coming on tomorrow morning. I'll leave you with a good LOL I saw on the website today (pro animal-rights, of course!):

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

No comments: