Saturday, January 03, 2009

*The Highlights Of My Day*

While I was working last week in Huntingdon, I saw a person feeding the seagulls in the Peebles parking lot (why there are seagulls in a parking lot hundreds of miles away from a beach is beyond me), but I thought it was funny. So, since Mason was going to work with me today, I thought that we could buy a loaf of bread and head over to see the seagulls! I guess I am not alone, this must be a favorite past time for the Huntingdon county folk! As we were tearing up the bread and had only thrown two pieces someone about 50 feet away threw an entire bag of McDonald's french fries out of their window! Well, we were no match for the fries. All of the seagulls flocked right on over there. So, I moved the car over in an attempt to lure them back over with the loaf of Walmart brand bread. It worked, the fries were gone in approximentaly 4.5 seconds. Then we were surronded, on all sides of my car were hungry seagulls. It was so funny, Mason had a blast (so did I). This reminds me of a well known story in my family about a certain Aunt of mine having a bad day that included a seagull, but that is a story for another time! After our bread was gone another car pulled up and a little girl got out with 2 full bags of popcorn and started to feed them. It was hilarious, I can't wait to do it again!



Next up, my box of Bath and Body Works goodies arrived! I was so excited to have that waiting for me after a long day at work. Some of the stuff includes 'sweet cinnamon pumpkin body scrub', 'warm vanilla sugar shampoo', 'cool citrus basil shower gel', and 'fresh evergreen hand soap', and a few others, I can't wait to relax and enjoy them tonight!


We are supposed to get another round of sleet, freezing rain and snow (when will it end??) late tonight, so I am glad that we are in for the weekend and don't have to go anywhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fancy soaps sound delicious! I love the citrus-basil combinations. It is much more perfumey than it sounds.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I bet your aunt had all but forgotten the seagull incident and was only thinking about it about 2 or 3 times a week. Particularly as there is photographic evidence. Seagulls are very opportunistic and will go where the food is. In some parts of eastern Pennsylvania they hang around the Dumpsters in supermarket parking lots. They must have good senses of humor as they sound like they are laughing.