Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Vote For The Most

ridiculous hair EVER, goes to:





Rod Blagojevich. This guy is such a joke! A joke with a really bad hair-do.


Anyway, I take back my post from yesterday, it did in fact, get pretty bad outside. It got pretty icy throughout the day and travel wasn't the greatest. But it looked pretty!




It dawned on me yesterday as I was browsing amazon.com for a new, exciting vegetarian cookbook that I have been a vegetarian for upwards of 25 years! I know when I was a kid, I would 'eat everything except the meat' on my plate, I remember a few select times that I ate meat, and of course I ate somethings that I didn't realise had meat in them, like bean with bacon soup (go figure!). But I really give credit to my parents for not forcing me to eat meat. I couldn't imagine how much of a pain in the butt I was when I had to have 'special' meals! I'm glad that I was not made to eat it and I hope that Mason will make the same choice someday as I did so many years ago. I am trying to cut out as much soy protein as I can (although, I will NEVER cut out light vanilla soymilk, it is SO good!). I do really enjoy soy 'meat', however, I know it really effects my thyroid, so I was trying to find recipes that have a lot of protein without the use of soy. I found a really good crock pot recipe for Lentil Chili, I changed the recipe a little to add some more veggies and it was fantastic! The crock pot made so much of it, (Jason didn't like it, but I give him credit for trying), so it will be around for awhile (I plan on freezing some). It was well worth the effort and will be included in my 'recipes to have again' list (perhaps that list is only in my head and not an actual list, but...!). Next up, I am going to try to find a low-fat recipe for corn and potato chowder, yummy!

No comments: