Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's Been A Few Days...

Since I have blogged! I have been in Superbowl mode, we are SO thrilled that the Steelers are in it and going to WIN it! I keep teasing Jason by telling him that I'm going to go to Circuit City and buy a big screen for Sunday! Yeah, right! I heard about an article in the Pittsburgh paper that Circuit City has raised the prices of their TV's and then they knock off the 30%, but in reality you are paying regular price (or more) for the TV, go figure, and do you know how many people fall for that!!

I had my second class last night, it was online. I'm don't know if I really liked that format. It was nice because I didn't have to travel last night (the roads we not great, more on the snow storm later in the post), but for 2 hours I had to be online (this is after it took me 1/2 hour to figure out where to go online!). The teacher just chatted with us and asked us questions, but it was kind of weird. I'm hoping it gets better. I don't know if this is the direction I want to go, I just wish that I would get a sign of some sort to figure out where it is in life that I am supposed to be headed. I 'feel' that I am supposed to be headed in a life of crafting, but what do I do? The many scrapbooking magazines that I read always have contests to be a designer for a year and a lot of people in the business have started in that way. I have always felt overwhelmed and unsure of myself when I thought about submitting layouts. I guess the only thing I can do is try, but I am up against SO much talent. Perhaps the next contest that comes along I will focus on, I really feel comfortable in that arena, the Crafty Arena, that is!

Now on to the big snow storm. I was glad that Wednesday is my day off, so I was not in too much of a panic to find somewhere for Mason to go today in case he didn't have school. Since Monday the news has been telling us about this huge winter storm )4-8 inches across our area)that is coming our way. So, of course, I just roll my eyes and remind myself that we will probably have snow until my 30th birthday in May!! But anyway, this morning school was cancelled and Jason let me sleep in (wow, until 8 am!!) and when I got up I got all bundled up to take the dogs outside. Then I looked down the steps and there was practically NOTHING. I mean, if we got 3 inches I would be stretching the truth. Don't get me wrong, I was happy about that, but my point is, why do the weather men get us all worked up over nothing? So, yes I am going to make a trip to the grocery store and not worry too much (we are out of dog and cat food and I am out numbered, so I HAVE to go get them food for tonight or else!!).

That's all for now, this post makes up for the few days that I didn't blog! I have been working on some Valentine crafts, I will post them soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are so talanted with all the things you come up with in your crafts. You have great ideas for your scrap booking. You do not take second to anyone.